>> Tuesday, September 11, 2007
That is the worst "security check" by a store I've heard of.
As I read these kinds of articles, I've come up with some ideas on "combating" stores that check receipts.
1. Chew the receipt as soon as the clerk hands it to you. Not enough to make it illegible, but enough to make it so no one else wants to touch it. This is kind of like licking the last piece of pizza.
2. Bring some packing tape and immediately laminate your receipt. Hey, so they can't write on it, so what? Any rules against that?
3. Um, tear it into a few pieces? Enough that you could tape it back together if you need it.
4. STICKY GLUE on the back of the receipt! Evil, hidden pre-revenge! When done, fold the receipt back to back so you don't glue yourself.
5. Note what color marker is being used on the way in, and create a little Rembrandt with your receipt on the way out.